Sunday, December 26, 2010

Danny Potter passed away on Christmas day 2010

My good friend and cutting & roping buddy, Danny Potter passed away on Christmas Day. He had been sick for quite some time and was staying in a rest home at the time. I had two telephone conversations with Danny over the last two weeks. I am thankful that I did get to talk with him before he died. Danny rode my black Morgan mare, Circle H Senorita to the first Grand National Championship in 1973. (See photo above) I got to know Danny and his family while they were living in Parker Colorado. Danny's passion was team-roping and he would let me ride his quarter horse stallion, Nudo, to head the steers and he would heal them. Unfortunately, I wasn't a very good roper so most of the time Danny wouldn't have an opportunity to try to heal the steer because I missed the head more often than not. Danny has a wonderful family and I got to know them very well and was treated like one of the family when with them. I am fortunate to have known him.

No comments:

Post a Comment